Thursday, January 20, 2011


Dear God:

Help her live her life
to the fullest.
Please promote her
and cause her to excel
above her expectations.
Help her to shine
in the darkest places
where it is impossible
to love.
Protect her at all times,
lift her up when she needs
you the most,

and

Let her know when
she walks with you,
She will always
be safe.


I have felt these words spoken to God by many of my friends as they have supported me and helped to guide me to become a strong person and to begin to heal over loss.

One part of my life that felt empty or lost was that of my beliefs and my relationship with God. I never lost God or felt angry..but I felt I needed to be lead back to his light and word...to rekindle that belief and know I am living my life as He has taught.
So my friend who walked beside me as I rekindle this deep need and relationship was Rachelle. We began going to the church across the street from where we lived..it is warm and inviting with music that warms your soul and brings tears with its message and meaning. We went a few times a month and some times attendance was spotty but we have always said how glad we are after the service. It renews that relationship you have with God..it strengthens your weary soul and it reminds you there is no purer or bigger love than his. God is good and also very patient!

We chit chatted with others and joined in to worship together and I was in such awe of Rachelle's spiritual strength and her depth of Gods word and teachings..I was in wonder of her connection with God and I was beginning to find my way back to the importance of my beliefs...there is no greater love or acceptance.

Before any other relationship comes that of mine with God. There is an emptyness that comes from straying or walking down the other path..but there is a fulfilling and deep warmth when you strengthen your beliefs and your walk with God..it is a wholeness and a pureness...and it feels so right

For I know the plans I have for YOU, declares the LORD!
Jeremiah 29:11

No comments: