Friday, October 3, 2008

So Tenderhearted

At 16 I could never imagine having a loss so great that if affects your complete life..and every loss there after seems so great and reopens the floodgate or emotions.Nick has struggled so greatly with the loss of his Dad yet he continues to daily talk about him. When something great happens he gives credit to Bill for looking out for us or being there. Cory wrecked his truck over the summer and what could have been a deadly accident ended up very minor in comparison. Nick first comment was "Dad was there with him, protecting him......just like he did when he was alive."
Today Nick went to see his girlfriend, Taylor, off as she is moving to Montana. She is such a sweet girl and so much like Nick as she loves sports and has a wonderful attitude. I know Nick is really struggling with the loss...as she left today he called and asked if he could come home. His tears were those of heartbreak and loss. I brought him home and told him how much I loved him. And then I cried all the way to work. I know that heartbreak..that loss...probably 10x's more immense but still it is a very hard loss at any stage or age. I hate to see my kids hurt and cry...I know we all go thru it but it still is tough and I cant fix it...but i am always there and he knows that.

No comments: